Civil Enforcement Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: JG4:- £18,070 per annum
Working Pattern: Full time
Advertised By: North Somerset Council
Post Number: DCEN1017
Job Category: Other
Advert End Date: 13 October 2017
The Parking Services Team/Civil Enforcement team are looking to recruit a Civil Enforcement Officer to cover enforcement of parking restrictions and Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) offences across the whole of North Somerset district.
As a CEO you will be expected to patrol Council car parks and on street areas covered by parking enforcement and offer a consistent and fair approach to enforcement and management of North Somerset parking. You will also be required to enforce PSPO Offences, such as littering, dog fouling and smoking in a Children’s play area. You will operate as an individual and with other team members and act as a Council ambassador, offering help and guidance to the public over a range of topics. You will be expected to have excellent communication skills and be professional at all times particularly when dealing with potential confrontational situations. Working hours will be on a fixed rota basis 5 days over 7 to include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Full uniform is provided.
The post-holder must have a valid driving licence or be able to use suitable alternative methods of travel throughout the district.
Duties will include:
- Checking vehicles in car parks and on-street enforcement areas to ensure they comply with the parking order and legislation
- Issuing parking enforcement notices and collecting evidence
- Collecting evidence of PSPO offences
- Maintenance and checking of pay and display machines
- Health and Safety checks to car parks
- Displaying signage and equipment as required
- Litter picking and cleaning as required.
- Ensure visitors to North Somerset receive excellent standards of customer care and professionalism.
- Assisting with local events as required
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Darren Baker, Supervisor – Parking Services/Civil Enforcement on 01934 426599
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: TBC