NPA Teaching Assistant
Contract Type: Temporary
Salary: £17,681 - £18,672 pro rata
Working Pattern: Part Time
Advertised By: Wiltshire Council
Post Number: OTH04998
Job Category: Teaching Assistant
Advert End Date: 11 January 2019
This is not a Wiltshire Council vacancy therefore please contact the school direct for further information.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support pupils with special educational needs (Social, Emotional and Behaviour category). The post will also include some general teaching assistant duties.
The applicant must be able to offer the following:
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- Thorough understanding of the impact of social and emotional needs on learning and behaviour for young people
- Flexible, sensitive and creative approaches towards dealing with behavioural issues
- Ability to work effectively with other staff and carers
- Willingness to undertake training where necessary
The following attributes would be an advantage:
- Experience or qualifications in working with children with specific learning difficulties.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting pupils: delivering targeted intervention and general teaching assistant tasks.
Hours of work: 25.00 hours term time only
Contract type: Maternity Cover Contract (temporary)
Closing date (and time): 9am 11th January 2019
Interview date: 17th January 2019
Commencement date: As soon as possible
Find out more and apply
Visits to the school are welcomed and further details can be obtained by contacting Pam Poulter, School Business manager at the school by email or telephone. Details and application forms are also on the school website
Completed applications will be accepted by email.
St John’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.